Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Welcome!

Hello,
This is my very first post on my new blog!
When I started thinking about starting a blog, the title for it came to me pretty quickly.  My Mom always talks about how the Lord blesses her with kitchen mercies and He does that for me as well.  What does that mean?  For me it means He gives me ideas of things to fix or I have just the right things on hand for unexpected guests and spur of the moment meals.  Sometimes I will be at the store and buy something because it is on sale or I feel led to and then the reason for that purchase becomes clear.  It has happened several times and is very exciting.  I pray before I go into the grocery and especially before going into Costco that the Lord will help me to be wise in my purchases.

I very much enjoy cooking and baking.  I learned to cook from my Mom.  I grew up on a ranch in Idaho and learned how to cook good old fashioned meals.  I am not a gourmet cook but still a pretty good one.  I enjoy being in my kitchen cooking and baking for my family and it gives me a lot of joy to share with family and friends.   

One of my most favorite recipes is Buttermilk Salad Dressing.  I have it in my fridge all the time and have been asked for the recipe often.  It is so easy and will ruin you for store bought ranch dressing.

Buttermilk Salad Dressing

Minced Garlic  3 tsp.
Mayonnaise     1 1/2C
Buttermilk        1C 
Parsley Flakes  2 tsp.
Onion Powder  2 tsp.
Salt                   1 tsp.
Pepper              1 tsp.
A little tip: put in the mayonnaise before putting in the buttermilk otherwise you may get buttermilk on you!
Yes, I know this because I have done it!  :)
This only needs to set for a few minutes before ready to use. 

I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to sharing with you in the days to come.

Blessings,
Jill



5 comments:

  1. Love your first post Aunt Jill! You have been blessed with many kitchen mercies I can attest to! :) And I'm going to start praying before I go shopping now, I've never really thought to do that! As for the ranch dressing, it is indeed the best ranch recipe out there! I also always have it in my fridge and have been asked for the recipe many times! Can't wait for more yummy recipes and stories of kitchen mercies to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Calley! So sweet to have you as my first follower! Spread the word! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome blog!!!! So excited to follow you. Now I know how everything is so well done. I also will remember to pray before I shop. Thank you also for your example of a gracious and willing host. You lead by example. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Jill, your blog name is perfect! I really enjoy listening to Grandma's Kitchen Mercy stories! Now I get to read about yours! I hope I can be as good of a cook like you and Grandma! You bless so many lives with your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranch goes on everything so what a great way to start off. I am looking forward to all of the good hints to keep the kitchen clean and too make Merrie and I's next dish sing.

    ReplyDelete