Monday, January 27, 2014

A Prime Example

Hello,
I am excited to share a fresh example of a kitchen mercy!  Yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco and decided to make a pasta salad with it with Pennie pasta and Cesar dressing, with the thought that if I made that yesterday we could have it for dinner tonight also.  But I felt that I should go ahead and make some chicken enchiladas with the left over chicken for dinner tonight.  As I was making them I thought wow, there is too much for just the three of us, I should see if my sister would like to come over for dinner.
I sent her a text and she called and said sure, and is it okay if Brandon, her son, my nephew, also comes?
Brandon happened to be in town and was leaving later this evening.  So I had enough for him and sent some home with him as well.  I just love it when things like that happen.  I didn't know that Brandon was going to be here, but the Lord did!  I firmly believe that the feeling I had was the Holy Spirit prompting me.  I also made a salad that is a favorite recipe from a good friend, and is a salad that even my daughter Carmella likes.  You use butter or romaine lettuce, a pear (fresh, not canned) diced up, granny smith apples diced, feta cheese, craisins and walnuts.   Then top it with poppy seed salad dressing. 

Listen to the Holy Spirit and see who might show up for dinner!  You will be blessed.


Poppy Seed Dressing:

1 Egg
1/4 C Sugar
1 T Dijon mustard
2/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 t Salt
3 T Grated Yellow Onion

Blend in blender until creamy white (2 min) then slowly add 2 cup corn oil. (I use canola oil but don't use olive oil).  Remove to bowl, stir in 3 Tablespoon poppy seeds.  Then put in a container to keep in the refrigerator.  I use a jar.

For better flavor let the dressing set for at least one day before using.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. First of all that dinner sounds delish! And secondly I am learning so much from your blog already. Like how to be such a gracious and cheerful host. I too often don't want to have company because I want to have leftovers and spend less money on food etc. You have a gift of hospitality and service and you inspire me to grow in those areas myself! So thankful to have you as my aunt and learn through you. And I'm so glad you started this blog to make that even easier! :)

    ReplyDelete