Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Favorite Muffin


I make a lot of muffins (I am a carb addict), and also make them into mini loaves.  Jeanne, Carmella
and I are going to Portland this week-end and will be staying over night at some friends home.  I like to
take some kind of baked goodie when I go to someone's home.  I was thinking about what kind of
bread I could make and remembered that I had some grated zucchini in the freezer. This is a recipe that I got from a Taste of Home Annual Recipe book that I have.  (Taste of Home has really good recipe's).  Like I said it is a favorite because it is very easy and moist.  It is also a favorite of my sister Jeanne. 

I made a double recipe and made some into muffins and a couple of mini loaf pans.  My friend Dorothy
has invited us to dinner tomorrow night so I will take her a muffin as well.

Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4    cup sugar
1       teaspoon baking soda
1       teaspoon cinnamon
1/2    teaspoon salt
1       egg, lightly beaten
1/2    cup vegetable oil  (I use canola oil)
1/4    cup milk  (I like to use some half and half with the milk)
1       tablespoon lemon juice
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       cup shredded zucchini  (If you are using frozen, thaw first and drain the water)
1/4    cup semisweet miniature chocolate chips  (sometimes I leave these out)
1/4    cup chopped walnuts  (I always leave these out)

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice
and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and
walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups (or greased mini loaf pan) two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done.

I most always use a Texas or big size muffin, muffin pan.  If I am going to eat a muffin I like a big one!
Actually I usually cut it in half but feel like I am eating more.  :) 

Even if you don't like zucchini, try them!  I don't think you will even taste the zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment