Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Paid for Cooking


I love how the Lord has allowed me to do something that I really enjoy in a setting that I would never have
thought or even wanted with the added bonus of getting paid for it!  As I have mentioned, I work in an
elementary school kitchen.  This year I have also been working in a Middle School kitchen three days a week for a couple of hours before going to the elementary kitchen.  At the Middle School I get to
do a larger variety of things.  A few months ago I was making pumpkin cake, and recently I have made
instant potatoes.  I find myself thinking, how cool it is that I am getting paid to bake and cook! 

Last week I was cutting up stir fry vegetables and panning them to send to the elementary kitchen's.  My boss came by and said, that looks beautiful.  I am so thankful when she comments on how well I have done a task, even one that seems like a small thing, not just because I appreciate hearing that I am doing a good job, but because I believe it is honoring and pleasing to the Lord.  I want to be a light for Him at
my work and in my work.  It says in Colossians 3, Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance.  It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

One more thing.  The Bible says that we will have work to do in heaven, and the work we do here is preparing us for that.  I have to tell you that that has got me thru several hum drum days of washing dishes.  The thought that this job may be preparing me for getting to cook and bake in heaven is very exciting.  Now, I know some people that think having to cook in heaven would seem more like hell.  But I get very excited because every thing will come out perfectly!!  I can't wait!  So, if you are one of those that do
not like the idea of having to cook in heaven, I will be happy to cook for you and you can wash the dishes.
Deal? :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad that you have a blog now! I am one of those who thinks that cooking would be hell, so I will be happy to have you cook for me in heaven. And then we can bake together....because I do like that!

    ReplyDelete