Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fried Chicken & Biscuits


You are going to love this!  I fixed fried chicken for dinner tonight. (I like to thaw chicken breasts and then cut them up into strips and fry them, so good!)  Anyway, Carmella was at Golf practice and then hanging out with some friends so I sent her a text and told her that fried chicken was for dinner as it is one of her favorites.  As I was frying the chicken I thought that I should make some biscuits.  I remembered I had a
biscuit recipe that I had received from a friend a few years ago that I hadn't made for a long time.  So I whipped some up.  I had the chicken frying and the biscuits in the oven when I got a call from Carmella and she asked if I had enough chicken for some friends.  I said sure and that I had also made some biscuits.  (Mm interesting) So in a little bit she and four friends showed up and chowed down.  Last night I had asked Scott to stop at Fred Meyer on his way home and buy a bag of salad because I had a
coupon.  He bought a big bag and as a result I had plenty of salad to offer the girls.  They came, ate and left all in a matter of about 45 minutes.  Very fun! 

Now,  you might say all  of these things are coincidences.  I say they are Kitchen Mercies!!


I learned how to fry chicken from my Mom, and if I say so myself it is very good.  Others have said so
also. :)  I just season it with salt and pepper, toss it in flour and then fry it in either olive oil or canola oil.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits:

2 C Biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
2/3 C milk
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican blend cheese from Costco)
1/4 C Parmesan cheese

Mix above ingredients, cut into biscuits; then melt and brush on top of the biscuits the following:
1/4 C butter - melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley flakes

Bake at 450 for 10-20 minutes. 


1 comment: